My name is Mac Scarlatti and I'm 13. I used to live on a ranch (and still do on weekends), but now I'm discovering the world of town life and how great having friends can be.

Monday, October 24, 2011

My Friends + Drama

I've met two great girls since I moved here. Olivia is in my class. She's probably my complete opposite, girlie, likes shopping and dancing. She lives with her mom and has lived in several different places in Europe. I'm not exactly sure what her mom does, but I know it's some kind of government work. I just hope Olivia doesn't have to move any time soon! She's an only child and really close with her mom.

Tristan is more like me. She lives nearby on a ranch and loves to ride horses as much as I do. Her oldest brother is a bull rider. Tristan does a lot of 4H stuff and had been busy preparing her cattle for the fair last week. Her steer placed 3rd! She was really proud. Trist has two older brothers, both in their twenties. I would so love to live with her family. It is much more peaceful than mine.

Speaking of my family, there has been a lot of problems going on. For once I'm glad of the long bus ride to and from school since it keeps me from being home. I've come to dread the weekends. You know that Angelica lived with us for awhile when her dads were still in NYC. That's where the problems started. We all love Angelica, but Daddy has never approved of her families life style, that her parents are gay. But Mom is good friends with Martin, Gelly's biological dad. Daddy is just over the moon with anger that she agreed to let Gelly live with us and that Mom works with Martin.

It's just a mess. My parents have always been complete opposites, but still always got along. This was, apparently, the last nail in the coffin. I don't know if they will get divorced. I'm afraid that if they do I will have to live with Mom in the city. I could never leave my horses!

And on top of all that, Chase has been acting out and is constantly in trouble at school and with the police. He's been busted for underage drinking once already and for speeding. I just hope my parents can get their act together soon.

-Mac

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, it sounds like a really rough time at home right now. I hope your parents can get through this and be ok. It is hard when families are having issues.

    It is great that you have two good friends at school this year, that is always a help. I do hope that Chase can get things together and not get in so much trouble.

    Love Ya,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about all the family stuff. So stressful. *hugs*

    I hope it gets better soon!

    Love,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete