My name is Mac Scarlatti and I'm 13. I used to live on a ranch (and still do on weekends), but now I'm discovering the world of town life and how great having friends can be.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Life Right Now

I promised I would update more and I plan to be faithful to said promise. I'll have quite a bit more time now anyway, since I won't be riding the bus for two hours a day and I won't have very many chores. Yes, my parents have decided to get a divorce. I still don't know what to think about it, but the truth is I am kind of glad. The constant fighting was breaking us all apart and the holidays were pretty miserable. I'm living in the city with Mom now. The arrangement is that I will live with Mom during the week (arriving Sunday night) and with Daddy on the weekend (getting there Friday afternoon). Evan and Cam will go back and forth with me. Blake and Izzie will be staying with Mom most of the time and Chase is staying with Daddy. Rex will follow me around as well, but my horses have to stay at the ranch.

I thought I was going to hate this arrangement, that I would be depressed not living in the country, but I have actually been enjoying the short ride to school and no 5am chores. What I really have been enjoying is my friends. I think I mentioned Olivia before. The house my mom bought is only a few houses away from her and she has a swimming pool. I met another friend as well--Holly. She just lives a few blocks away. Her house is pretty fancy. She has two older brothers who are pretty nice even if she thinks they are "rotten".
Olivia, Holly, and me
I think it's pretty cool that we all have blue eyes. Olivia is shorter than Holly and I; she is the shortest in our class. I think she is glad to have me to protect her from bullies. 

All in all, I don't think this year will be as bad as I anticipated. I'm looking forward to school, hanging out with my friends, and enjoying my weekends in the country. I hope things continue to be this positive.

3 comments:

  1. We are glad that you are able to find good and enjoy your new arrangements so well .. sorry that you are having to go through all this, that part is no fun and we are sorry. It will be easier as you have a good attitude about it all. I know it is really hard.

    Sounds like you are going to have a ton of fun with your new friends, it is neat that you live so close to Olivia.

    We have sure missed your posts, but now understand why you have been so busy. It must be great not to have those EARLY morning chores anymore, I hate waking early. lol

    Keep your chin up and enjoy your time at the ranch on weekends,
    Hugs,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Taryn! I've missed posting so I'm glad to have more time. Hopefully I will get to know you and other bloggers better.

    -Mac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mac,

    I'm sorry to hear about your parents, but I understand - I was relieved when my biological parents split, too. At least there wasn't the constant fighting anymore.

    It must be really hard to be apart from some of your siblings, though. It was hard for me when I didn't live with Fiona, even though I eventually got used to it.

    Glad to hear you're making new friends! Your picture is really cute.

    Love,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete